Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Monday in YNP

We spent all day Monday driving a loop around the park.  It is bigger than I expected.  We probably drove over 100 miles.  We spent the whole day driving the loop with me wanting to take pictures every 50 feet or so. You should have heard the "humphs" but he did it anyway - he loves me lots.

The first place we stopped was Mammoth Springs.  It was early in the morning and there was a lot of steam with the cool air.  But what a sight!  The pictures will be on FB.  I was taking pictures out the car window or asking Joe to stop so I could get one.

The second place we stopped was Norris Geysers.  There were a lot of hot springs and little geysers and stuff.  There was a 1.2 mile hike around the area and I took that while Joe hung out at the museum.  That took me about an hour and a half but I got lots of pictures.  They also will be posted to FB.

We stopped a lot of places in between the stops to get pictures.  The country is so different from back home.  I couldn't stop taking pictures.

The last stop was Old Faithful.  That was the primary reason for being here.  Not the bison or the elk or the sheep or any of the other animals or sights that we saw.  (believe that and I have a bridge to sell you Ha Ha).

Of course my camera battery started to die right at Old Faithful.  I had to keep shutting my camera off to save energy.  But I got some of it going off.  It was way cool  Yup, pictures on FB.

We finally made it home about supper time.  Had supper and that was the end of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment